The Scientific Method Using M&M’s
1) Get with your assigned partner.
2) Get a bag of M&M’s from Ms. Williams.
3) Decide on one question you would like to answer about your bag
of M&M’s. Write it down. (DO
NOT OPEN YOUR M&M’S)
4) Guess what the answer to your question might be (hypothesis). Write it down. (DO NOT OPEN YOUR M&M’S)
5) Open your bag of M&M’s and answer your question. Make sure you record your data in a table.
6) Also, be sure to count the total number of M&M’s in
your bag and the number of each color M&M in your bag.
DO NOT EAT ANY M&M’S YET
Fill in the following information as you work
Total Number of M&M’s in bag:
Number of each color of M&M in bag: