The Dissection Manual
The manual should have a cover, table of contents, for THE GRASSHOPPER we will look at in LIFE SCIENCE.
SECTION (1) SHOULD HAVE THESE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
1. Name of Organism you should give the common and scientific name
- Classification For any in the Animalia kingdom: give kingdom, phylum, class.
- Facts: List any facts you have learned about the organism. Must have at least FIVE.
- SECTION 2 ( SHOULD HAVE THESE DRAWINGS BELOW
4. Diagrams: There should be a diagram OF THE GRASSHOPPER. If they are
being dissected, the diagrams should show internal and external structures.
5. Heart Type
6. Oxygen/carbon dioxide exchange
9. Nerve cord
11. SPECIAL ADAPTATIONS
SECTION 3 (SHOULD HAVE THESE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Write about or list any SPECIAL adaptations that the organism has that helps it survive and thrive.
- Importance: Of what importance is this organism to the world? Does it have any economical value? How does
it fit into the food chain?
13. Habitat (where does it live) and related species