1. Give the Kingdom, Phylum, and Class for the
2. Give several examples of the class Bivalvia
3) What is the mantle and give its function?
4). What controls the opening and closing of the clam's shell?
5). How do clams move?
How do clams feed?
6. Why are clams called bivalves?
1. What is
the oldest part of a clam's shell called and how can it be located?
2. What do the rings on the clam's shell indicate?
3. What is the function of the toothlike projections at the dorsal edge of the clam's valves?
Where is the mantle located in the clam?
5. What is the mantle cavity?
6. Where are the incurrent
and excurrent siphons located and what is their function.
7. How do clams breathe?
the shape of the clam's foot.
9. Where are the palps found and what is their function?
Describe the movement of food from the current siphon through the digestive system of the clam.
is the clam's heart located?
12. Why are clam's referred to as "filter feeders"?